Are you messing with your double blessing?
Here is the NASB of Gen 12:2-3
And I will make you a great nation,
And I will BLESS you,
And make your name great;
And so you shall be a BLESSING:
And I will BLESS those who BLESS you,
And the one who curses you I will curse.
And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.
Notice the steps God has outlined between God, Abraham (you, too), and others:
- God BLESSES Abraham (verse 2: great nation, bless him, great reputation).
- With God’s favor, Abraham is to BLESS OTHERS from what God has blessed him with (verse 2).
- Others who receive the blessings are to BLESS ABRAHAM (confer prosperity) back to him (verse 3)
- When others (plural “those,” majority of people) BLESS ABRAHAM, God then BLESSES the others who BLESSED Abraham after they received the BLESSINGS!! (verse 3)
- When “the one” (singular, i.e. fewer people) who curses Abraham, God will curse them (fail to bless them).
Double Blessing Principle
- Abraham is blessed #1 from God. When he blesses others, others bless Abraham, i.e. he’s blessed #2. Blessed two times, one from God and one from others.
- Others are blessed from Abraham, they’re blessed #1, those that are blessed from Abraham then bless Abraham back. They are then blessed by God, #2. Blessed two times, one from Abraham, one from God.
- In each “transaction,” both Abraham and others are REQUIRED to bless the first blessing back IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE SECOND BLESSING!!
- The Double Blessing principle applies to everyone. Both sides of the blessing “transaction” receive TWO/DOUBLE blessings and both, HOPEFULLY, will give PRAISE TO GOD for their blessings, so God receives Double Praise, once from Abraham and once from the others after receiving their blessings!!
This is the Law of Abundance.
Abundance is prosperity, scarcity is poverty, God WANTS to bless you, but you need to FOLLOW His plans.
How does this pan out in reality? I know a NUMBER of Christians that will take this blessing of information and tell others with a “look at me and what I know” approach without sharing/telling me how this information have blessed them. Guess what? These various blessings are now “stolen” from stingy people with a scarcity (Satanic) attitude and God will no longer bless you for what has been “stolen.”
Be a PRODUCER not a CONSUMER of blessings!
Prov 3:27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in your power to do it.